Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:20:00 -0500
Hello Listers,

Sometime in the next couple months, I'd like to put together a new Athlon or
Duron powered system.  This will my first time working with an AMD
processor, so I'm looking for experienced hardware advice and
recommendations.

This machine will be used primarily for routine home office chores, internet
browsing, email and SETI@home number crunching.  Occasional light-duty
gaming will also be part of the mix.  Most importantly, the hardware I
select must work seemlessly with Windows 98SE and Windows 2000 Professional
(this will be a multi-boot system).

Please keep in mind that ultimately I'd like to build a system that finds
the performance/value sweetspot and is easily upgradeable.  I'm open to any
and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Ottie