From:
Volkard Linke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:18:56 -0500
Seasons greetings everyone

A friend of mine is experiencing a problem with sound. He had a ISA Sound
Blaster 16 installed, then "upgraded" to a PCI Ensonique Audio PCI card. He
removed the drivers before installing new card. Upon installing new pci
card, and drivers, he now has an exclamation mark in the device manager for
the Ensonique card... and no sound. When he starts his machine, he get an
error: "Interrupt has been routed incorrectly by the system. Audio PCI
Inactive. Use automatic settings in Device manager."

We have checked the device manager and the automatic setting is indeed
selected. Unchecking that and trying to select a different configuration,
shows only the one setting, Config 0000. Selecting the irq and trying to
change that only results in a message, "This setting can not be changed".
Digging in a little deeper, shows that the USB controller is using the same
irq as the Ensonique card. We disabled the controller, both in Device
manager and in BIOS, but the same message is coming up.

Anyone have and ideas how to make this work? I did mention that upgrading
from a SB 16 to an Ensonique Audio PCI isn't much of an upgrade, (for all
the hassle it's been), but it is now more of a pride issue in solving than
anything for him.

Volkard Linke