From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:59:52 -0500
I'm not sure "exactly" what the symptoms are...
(I usually do not even answer if I *think* that originally...)

If you are stopping at the display of all "Cs",
then add the single word "win" in autoexec.bat
and be sure (by highlighting the entire file later)
that it is on the last line. (Leave off the quotes. " " )
From your description, it should be the only line. (?)

That is a "workaround", the actual problem would
have been something has changed your msdos.sys file...
TweakUI will fix that... (But be sure to remove the
"win" above if you use TweakUI to fix it, or you may have
strange shut down "re-starts"...)

I "think" it is unlikely you are booting all the way to the GUI,
(windows desktop), or you would not be concerned about
the problem?
If the latter is the case, then we are both at a loss...
     Good luck,  Rick

> Thanks Rick but I do not have anything in either autoexec.bat nor config.sys
> ,  at a loss here ??

> > It may not be a second boot screen... The video has just returned to
> > the real mode DOS display because there was a "call" to something.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html