From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 08:59:43 -0500
Sorry you have given up on doing it yourself.
NoSpin (http://ww.nospin.com) has some pages
that might be of help.

Moving on, I would take everything you listed.

While keyboards are not all that "different", some
ARE and there are at least three entirely different
"plug types" in common use.

Mice might require special drivers or special switch
setting on their bottoms (if they have a switch). There
are at least three "types" of plugs for them too.

Your video will work best with the proper (updated) video
drivers for your video card AND the monitor properly
identified by the system. (Monitors have a kind of "drivers".)
Take it too, unless you are SURE it is truly Plug and Play.

The price will be determined by how much effort and
tweaking the guy does after a "bare bones" install.
(And if he does it for a living or a "hobby")
A recommendation of a good local shop is needed
from your friends, etc...      Rick Glazier