From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:07:39 -0500
This is an inherent problem with sound cards based on the Aureal chipset and
the CUSL2 (perhaps with all i815 based motherboards).  There are some
descriptions of workarounds for dealing with this issue, if you need to make
use of the midi and the joystick connectors.  Since I don't use the midi
connector and I have a joystick that can use a usb port, I have just left
things as they are.  The sound card will work fine for Windows games as is.

One very good source of information on Aureal cards is the Vortex of Sound
website  (http://www.vortexofsound.com/index.htm).   In particular, the
forum is where I first found information on the workaround for the CUSL2.
Visiting that forum today, I see that someone has pointed out a webpage that
describes the work around for a MX300 sound card and the CUSL2
(http://frontpage.home.net/dherman2000/mx300.htm).  I've also seen
discussion of this issue on the AnandTech Motherboard Forum
(http://www.anandtech.com/ ).

I hope this is helpful.

John