From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:34:54 -0700
At 01:48 PM 2/20/01 -0700, Dori Zook wrote:
>So I've been taking my temp first thing in the morning for 13 days now.  The
>temperature range is 96-97.1 with an average of 96.9; is this on the low
>side?  Twice now I've taken my temp in the evening, once while making my bed
>and the other while folding laundry, both times wearing sweats with the
>heater humming along; I hit a whopping 97.8 one time, 97.6 the other.  It's
>like I'm air conditioned.  My semi-educated guess is that this could
>indicate a slow thyroid.  Any confirmation of that?  I'm not sure where to
>look up the 'normal' range.

Well... in my own case, the low 97s are normal for me.  I've always been
quite efficient in cooling myself--it's not unusual for me to get mildly
hypothermic if I sweat too much.  Ironically, I also prefer cooler temps
(probably 'cause in part because if it's too warm, I get dehydrated quickly
:)...  And this was also true back when I was a bean-pole pre-adolescent <g>.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else with a "low" normal temp. really sensitive
to a mild fever?  I seem to notice it when it hits... well, 98.6 :)?

Dianne