C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 23:10:27 +0800
Absolutely right, you put it in a nutshell, Bobby.  If this idiot
really did understand `the plight and courage of most handicapped
persons' <pause whilst I vomit copiously at such nauseating verbiage>
he would know without a doubt that us `handicapped' do not have chips
on their shoulder, but are justifiably angry and outraged by the way
we have been seriously shortchanged by the world.  We all fight every
day for the right to be treated with dignity and respect, and have to
watch as those who take this treatment for granted have the nerve to
deny us our most basic rights as human beings because we don't conform
to their moronic ideas of what `good little cripples' should be.
People like this seem to fear that if they don't have us to regard as
the `less fortunate' for them to feel superior to, they will be seen
for who they really are, which is clearly not very much at all.

I could go on, but I think my fingers will give out before I say all I
could say on this topic.

Good to see you back on the list Betty, was wondering where you had
got to!

Rayna