C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:57:55 -0500
I guess I am afraid of being elected and then not being able to do the job.
> I believe that would be counter productive for myself and the other
disabled
> people on campus.  I want to do it but I guess you could say I am afraid
of
> failure.  My question to you all is should I run?
>
> Jan
>
> "Mental toughness and perseverance is the formula for success"

Jan every person running for election is worried they can't do the job if
they are elected. It's a perfectly normal fear. Do not however run on a
disabled platform. Run with the intention of making  the community college
better for all students as that is who you are elected by...all students.
Since you are on speaking terms with the present day student counsel
officers ask then to be honest on what the job entails. How much time it
will take of your day. What you need to know about playing the
administration political games and then make your decision. If you feel you
can make your college a better place and have ideas on how to do it then go
for it.
Good Luck