C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sara lynn weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:44:04 -0500
Dear Amanda and Friends, I am 46 years old and 4 feet 8 inches tall. and
my skin is so smooth and soft. (I do not do anything to make it that
way.)  my Grandmother skin was the same way.  and when I go out in
public. People treat me like a child to.  thay talk to me like a child
and stare at me like I am from another planet. and I stare at them back.
and say why are you looking at me so funny. I am not looking at you. or
I say where did you get that face or nose or eyes. I have never seen a
face like that before. was you born with that face. because sometimes
when I am in the supermarket. people have flowed me around the store
still staring at me. And one time I had a lady ask me how to people like
you have a love life. and well I came up with a nice story I will tell
you about one day. and thay say why don't you live with your parents.
and I say I am 46 years old. and just because my legs does not work.
does not mean that the rest of me does not work right. and I still have
a right to my own life. and you sure are noisy.  I get so tired of
people treating Handicapped people like we are stupid or do not have
feelings or rights. I have a lot more I could say about this subject.
but I am not going to. I thank you know Amanda and Friends that I know
where you are coming from to. No one in my life has CP.  or handicapped
in any where. (but the hart) so it is good to have someone that knows
how it can hurt to go out in public and be treated like you useless. or
on public display for everyone to ask personal questions to or look at
until there eyes pop out of there head.  Thanks for Listening. Lynn