C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:15:52 -0400
Hi Mag,

  The Sonicare essentially blasts the plaque off the teeth with high
frequency waves. Most other electric toothbrushes simply rely on the fast
motion, either circular or back and forth to remove plaque. I've used the
Sonicare for over a year with excellent result; no plaque. But again, I am a
4-minute tooth brusher. Most people only brush for about 30-40 secs. The
Sonicare timer is 2 minutes. The first time I used it, I was surprised at how
quickly the time went. That's when I realized I was a double-timer. I suppose
that's why my teeth are in such good shape. I brush and floss regularly.

  As to PLAX dental rinse, I've used it for years. I don't rinse with it. I
actually leave it in my mouth and brush with it. Rinsing with it, in many
respects is no better than water. So your helper has a point. Actually
brushing with it, and allowing the action of the ingredients to mix with a
bit of paste enhances the effectiveness.

  In fact, I told a dental hygienist I play on-line scrabble with that this
is how I use PLAX. She said that's what she recommends to her patients; not
rinsing, but brushing with it. Another great plaque buster is baking soda and
lemon - dip brush in lemon juice, then in the soda. The action of the two
breaks up plaque on the teeth. I'd recommend this only once a week, though.

 Wellllllll? Did you like the new look on my page? :)

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier