C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:31:27 -0600
Hello All,
I am always humbled by what my families go through (yep, they are my
families, people I work with and create a small community with).  While I
went to school to become an OT, I did Level I respite care.  I also
volunteered for Hospice for awhile.  The first opened my sore eyes for a few
hours a month to the need for comprehensive services for families and also
gave me a small taste of what you all go through.  I worked with cases that
many people wouldn't.  I still keep in touch with many of my families.  We
became a family.  Hospice was rough, more for the well-spring of emotions it
brought up.  Ones that are too close to home about life and death. I found
our hospice to be one of compassion and care, too bad it's a benefit not
often sought out to get help for people.
Yvonne, who lost her angel too soon, my heart goes out to you and all the
others.

Elizabeth H. Thiers, OTR/L
homepage: http://www.bv.net/~john
email: [log in to unmask]