SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE Archives

Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture

SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Beck, Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:36:33 -0400
On 1999/8/29, N.Levitt [[log in to unmask]]
posted a badly written NYT article.

Surely one should not espouse even
well-meaning articles that so damage the
cause of clear-thinking.

There's no excuse for the dirty "D" word,
other than that its users, and probably most
mathematicians, don't know what they are
talking about.

And it's vacant to say "evolution" to
mean bio-evolution, when everyone knows that
everything is evolving.

Think accurately: contiguous processes are
what constitute astro-physical evolution,
on-going, which resulted in geo-atmospheric
evolution, on-going, which afforded bio-evolution,
very much on-going, resulting in humans
and now us, in our cultural evolution, something we
can actually think about perfecting.

Prometheus Never-bedeviled ! :)