Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:00:06 -0400
Dear Listers,

I recently had to reformat my hard drive.  All went well until I tried to
use my USB ports.  I use a hub, but now I cannot get a response from a
direct plug in.  They do not seem to be working, and I am not sure how to
troubleshoot them.

I called the Dell Tech, and they told me to uninstall the drivers, and to
refresh them.  It did not work and now the generic drivers are gone, and I
cannot find any USB drivers.  I have an Dell Windows Intel Support Driver
Ver. ADO diskette, but the driver search wizard cannot find the drivers on
it.  I tried to find them on my Windows 98se cd, but my CDrom does not like
the cd and it does not run right and makes noise.  Is there any internet
site that I can get the drivers from?

I run my Palm pilot and drawing pad off the usb hub.  Thanks in advance for
any help you can give me.

Camille Peterson

P.S.  Can USB ports go bad?