From:
Rick Fogel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 19:44:34 -0500
I have changed from win nt to win 98. I had some problems but seemed to get them all worked out till i tried to install a 3com pc card. To let you know one problem, i have never gotten network neighborhood on my desktop. I know ineed this. What am i doing wrong here? Now when i star up first i get this message:Cannot find a device file that maybe needed to run windows or a windows application.The windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this devicefile,but the device file no longer exists.If you deleted this file on purpose,try uninstalling the associated application using its uninstall or setup program.If you still want to use the application associated with this device file,try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file.
vnetsup.vxd   Press any key to continue
After pressing any key i get the same message for these same files:vredir.vxd,dfs.vxd,vserver.vxd
Now it continues to boot but next i get the box message:Windows networking-unable to load the dynamic link library:MSNP32dll-The system cannot find the file specified.Some or all of the following feature is not available:Microsoft Network.
After i press ok to this i finish boot up and windows starts fine.
I am real confused at to what has gone wrong.Any help is appreciated.
Than You,Rick Fogel