From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:24:44 -0400
I'll throw my pennies in with John and Jun.......

When MS launched WinME, Bill Gates stood on a stage
and announced to the world that ME was to be a "temporary"
"bridge" between the old legacy systems and the new generation
of OS.  He also stated that MS only intended to market (and support?)
this OS for "about a year".

That makes hardware vendors very reluctant to invest the time
or effort in creating drivers for their existing product lines.
And that is the reason that it is so hard to find drivers
for ME and older hardware..... they just ain't makin' 'em.

Jim Meagher