From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 15:00:47 -0600
Richard;
in the modems properties/connection tab - there is a checkbox "wait for
dialtone before dialing"
have you tried unchecking that ?
I have voicemail on my phone, and for some unknown reason
if I had a voicemail in my inbox I got the no dialtone message on my
computer modem.
If I called on the phone and listened to the voicemail then my modem would
connect.
Unchecking this box, solved my problem.