From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:08:39 -0700
>Actually I think "You'd better save the planet" is more along the lines of
>"Please don't smoke in my house" or "Please remove your shoes at the door".

I was going to just leave this alone, but I must say, I hardly found
Rachel's post "patronizing".  We DO need to be careful with what we do to
Mother Earth.  If this planet burns up, we can't go to the WalMart and buy
another one, despite Rush Limaugh and his Ditto Heads' assumption to the
contrary.

In some ways, those not concerned about the environment are right; we can't
burn up the planet.  If things get too hot, Mother Earth will take care of
it Herself by way of extinction.

Am I an alarmist?  No.  But the question is simple; do we want to invite
extinction or avert it?  There's only so much room (and water and land mass
and fresh air and...) at the Inn.

That's my first and last two-cents on this.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO