From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 18:02:15 +1100
At 18:10 -0500 1/1/01, Joseph Rzeczycki wrote:

>to hear from others that may have improved candida with this diet. It seems
>to me that this diet would be a far better treatment than anything else.

Hi Joseph,

Candida overgrowth is notoriously hard to treat with diet and
probiotics alone. Best to submit to a one month course of antifungals
to address the root of the problem then use diet and probiotics to 1)
re-establish the favorable intestinal flora and 2) prevent a relapse.

My opinion is that Candidiasis is one of those things caused by an
abuse of medicines (antibiotics) and that it takes a equal and
opposite abuse of medicines to set it to rights (antifungals).

   ...Richard.

p.s. All the usual disclaimers apply: I'm not a doctor and your
mileage may vary etc.