From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:45:12 -0800
> There is a lot of ranting (to use your term) on this
> list about dairy, but
> personally I went six months without dairy and
> noticed no difference in my
> health at all.    I think that the one element of
> D'adamo's theory that is
> probably correct is the part about healthy dairy
> consumption being dependent on
> one's genetic ancestry.

According to one theory I've encountered - the "racial
diet" theory - northern Europeans are less likely to
have problems with dairy products than those of
southern European, African or oriental descent.
Apparently the theorists believe that animal husbandry
occured much, much earlier in Northern Europe than in
other parts of the world. I am of Northern European
descent and I have *less* trouble with dairy than
other folks I know. However, I can only tolerate a
certain amount.

> The real
> villains are the medical professionals who refuse to
> do the small amount of
> "homework" that would demonstrate to them that
> "low-fat" is a blight on society.

Bravo!