C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:02:14 -0400
Hi,

  Very often, doctors, taking pages from their "little blue book on cp" arbitrarily
prescribe a batch of drugs that do nothing more than mask symptoms and sedate. For
those of us walk, albeit awkwardly, sedation is the worst possible thing to do, as we
rely on an array of cues so that we can maintain upright mobility. A better route would
be an improved diet that includes more fresh fruit and vegetables, from which naturally
present Vit C is derived. Supplementing with things like Devil's Claw (from which the
prescription drug Phenylbutazone is derived) and magnesium (to improve sleep pattern
and also improve cardiac function) will further improve our situation, as we age with
cp.

  Sadly, it's not to a doctor's advantage to advocate herbs and vits because it's
taking away their bread and butter, if you will. They and drug companies are in each
other's pockets and they need us! :)

  I challenge each of you to give herbs and vits a try for two full  months and tell me
how you feel. Then report those findings to your doctor! :)

  And Bobby, I hope you've started the chelated mag and the Vit C. I know where you
live, remember!

Cheers!

Carla