C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:10:16 -0500
Rayna,

>     Sorry you're hurting, Steve.  What are you doing for mitigation?

Tank you.  My best for your return to an easier bodily place.

At the height of my pain, several years and a lifetime ago, I was
combining Fiorinal with Codeine, Flexeril and frequent trigger point
injections in the trapezoids, shoulders and neck.  I was, after seven
years of steadily worsening chronic pain, nearing an end.

Fortunately, the problem significantly reduced following cervical
neurosurgery.   Now migraine strength Excedrin with an occasional pop of
one of the above goodies usually does the trick.  Pacing and sufficient
rest help:  I would not recommend myself as an astute practitioner or
exemplar of either mode other than by exception.

I am starting a series of Botox injections to hopefully ease
torticollis, further reduce muscle tonality, spasms, and recently
revisited though lowered pain.

S.

>From: Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
>From [log in to unmask] Fri Feb 23 00:23:46 2001
>Thu, Feb 22,              2001 at 01:21:49PM -0500
>
>On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 01:21:49PM -0500, Cleveland, Kyle E. wrote:
>     I have some oxycontin that we could crush up and snort and forget
about it
>     all...:<(
>
>         Send some over my way!  I'd sell my scooter for some decent
>         pain releif at the moment.
>
>     Or sell it on the street for a buck/mg and not worry about the
market....:>)

>     Ok, for all you Big Brother types reading the above...it's called
humor
>     (Jeez).
>

>     Sorry you're hurting, Steve.  What are you doing for mitigation?
I'm in the