C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:13:12 EST
Thanks for asking.  New bird, Bundy, is fine and LOUD, LOUD, LOUD (blue and
gold macaw)!  He was kept in a too-small cage in somebody's bedroom,
virtually ignored for the first five years of his life.  He gets so excited
when I give him attention that he just falls all over himself and acts very
silly.  I wish you all could hear him talk during the day because he's
hilarious!  Half the time I'm not sure if he's actually forming words, but
his "language" is an absolute riot.  I have also gotten very attached to him
since he's been here.  With a life span as long as ours, he should be a good
companion to me for the rest of my life.  Bundy is definitely a therapy pet.
He's made a big difference in my life.

I am okay too, but as is obvious, I am not active on the keyboard anymore.
There is just too much pain involved, but I'll figure out how to get around
it if things don't improve.  I'm not ignoring everyone, it just plain hurts
too much to type a lot.

Of course, a lot of people might be grateful for that.  I know some 3d people
who would probably love it if I lost my voice -- HA!

Love to all,
Betty

In a message dated 03/27/2001 10:09:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> by the way, how's your new bird and you getting along?

WITH
>  IT. opps that caps lock gets me quite a bit lately. anyway i feel that no
>  matter what, i am at your mercy. not only yours but the rest are pretty
good
>  at zinging someone if they desire to do so.

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."