BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I have seen three emperors naked, and I can tell you there is no difference." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:30:03 -0500
Message text written by "A wine-dark proprietary product of insult,
intrigue and innuendo."
>Subject: Mason Dixon Line

And those of us up here didn't know there was anything worth bothering
about BELOW it.  Just termites and lime mortar.  Ruth<

reminds me of my biggest objection to my sister's husband's suggestion (he
is from Tennessee) that I might consider relocating to the south: "It's
full of Southerners." I was kidding him, of course. But given that my
father's family were neighbors and friends of the Lincolns (moved with them
from KY to IL) and on my mother's side they were Quakers in NJ and PA, and
there's supposed to be a Mayflower ancestor, you don't get much more Yankee
than that.

However, I have spent more years south of the Mason-Dixon Line (the border
between PA and MD) than I have in New England, which I still like to
consider my region of origin. Now I am one of the Yankee occupiers of
Northern Virginia, a region only tolerated by the rest of the state because
its tax revenues are more than those of the rest of the state. Wish I could
phrase that without repetitiontition.

DW