BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:08:15 -0500
"Trelstad, Derek" wrote:

> How about the "cash is no object approach"? Open the gap to a consistent
> dimensions -- one-quarter inch minimum -- to the face of the tongue. This is
> a job for a router. Place strip of wood in gap set in water-resistant /
> water-proof glue (Resorcinol comes to mind). Trim surface of strip flush
> with board siding using olde-tyme block plane.

Watch siding buckle after the spring rains swell siding & filler.
Watch siding crack during the winter as it dries out & shrinks.

Watch Mrs drew thank me  for touching up the stain around the edges of the
floating panel in the bathroom door I hung last fall , which were showing bare
by the end of the winter.
Watch me taking credit & hoping I get hit by a bus before it shrinks next
winter...

DD