C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 00:53:04 +0800
Hear, hear!  I most heartily concur, Carla, the amount of money these
people spend on trivia and throw around like water is utterly
obscene.  There is enough resourses and money in this world to enable
everyone to live comfortably, but people like that are hogging it all
and thinking that their show-pony behaviour justifies it.  The myths
about physical perfection and beauty that they perpetuate also cause
untold damage to everyone on this planet, and especially to those of
us who couldn't live up to those standards even if we wanted to.

The general public just lap it all up without realising the damage
industries like show business do.  I swear, the human race is getting
stupider and stupider by the day.  If any other species on earth was
as dumb as human beings are, they would have died out long ago!!

Rayna
(Falling off the soapbox now, too!  Anyone else want a go??)