Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Wanda Irby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 22:44:33 -0600
Yes, all 5 are running Windows 98 and there is not server.  Is it possible to
make one a server?  It is a Workgroup.  It asks for a password but the data
says if it is set to peer to peer it won't and I have not found a way to set a
password.  It says there is no administrator to grant permission.  All five are
set to share all drives with full access.  One computer is a Dell 1gig with a
40 meg hard drive, one is a Micron 600meg and the other three are HP 600meg.
Could we make the Dell the server and the other 4 clients?  How?

Mark Rode wrote:

> Is this a Workgroup or a domain. Is there a server? What is the operating
> system of the clients and of any server.
> Off hand it sounds like a permission problem. If this is a all Win98
> Workgroup then look at the shares of the machines you can't access. First
> make sure you have the drives you wish to share set to Share and enabled as
> full access.
>
> Mark Rode
> The NOSPIN Group
>
> >In our office we have 5 computers connected to an 8 port 3com switch.
> >Each computer has a 10/100 NIC.  All are seeing each other and three of
> >them are sharing.  The other two can are seen but are not sharing.  They
> >appear in Network neighborhood but their hard drives can't be seen or
> >files exchanged.  I have checked and rechecked the setup.  They all seem
> >to be set up alike.  What am I doing wrong?
> >     TIA---Wanda
> >

>         The NOSPIN Group provides a monthly newsletter with great
>        tips, information and ideas: NOSPIN-L, The NOSPIN Magazine
>              Visit our web site to signup: http://nospin.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html