Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Timchenko Maxim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:21:10 +0200
Hi Russ,

  To check the quality of every stick I own (and I recommend this to
everyone) , I use one of the memory tests (many of them available for
free), like DocMemory http://www.tweakfiles.com/diagnostic/docmemory.html:

// quote
DocMemory is an advance self-bootable PC Memory Diagnostic Software. It's
a user friendly software designed to capture all possible memory failures
in PC. A rigorous test pattern is exercised on both the PC Base and
Extended Memory to locate defective memory, all done without the need for
user to disassemble the memory from the PC.
Download the software and the installation program auto create a
self-booting diagnostic diskette. Simply insert this diskette into the
floppy and reboot your PC to begin testing your system memory.

Available memory test patterns includes sophisticated algorithms such as
MATS, March B+ ,March C-, and Checkerboardetc. Selecting "Burnt-In Mode",
will capture 95% of PC System soft memory failures. Editing the pattern
and other parameter functions are made simple by using a mouse interface.
// end quote

I place the memory and run the test in Burn-In for 24 hours. This is
enough to locate amy memory problems and to give reason to replace the
faulty memory module. Same thing applies for testing overclocked memory
modules.

It also helps to cure obscure computer problems: one person had BSODs,
instable working, system refusing to run some apps -- a case similar to
your problems -- and his memory consistently failed these tests in two
places. After it was replaced -- all O.K.

Yours,

<> Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
<>

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Russ Poffenberger wrote:

> All very true. However, quality RAM is important too. I put together a
> dual MSI-694D Pro with dual FCPGA P-III/600 CPU's using PC133 memory.
> I had stability problems from the very beginning, even running at the
> default 100FSB, forget overclocking it.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org