Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:32:47 -0700
Also we planted oats.  They are one grain that the seeds are
easy to eat off the stem green and growing.    We also ate
the tender pith tip of many grasses.  pull on the stem and
you get the top section of the grass stem with a very tender
half inch where it came apart.

I do not care for oatmeal mush-  but in Germany it is eaten
as a dessert pudding in some places.   With jam.

Lorenzo

> > Oh you bet, I love whole rolled oats.....  Not Scot
tho.....

> If I'm not mistaken, oats are edible raw.  I think they
are also
> said to have a libido-enhancing effect, from which the
sayings
> about "sowing one's oats" is derived.
>
> Can anyone confirm that they are edible raw?  The reason
why I
> think so is that I used to know someone who made his own
"trail
> mix" consisting of (I think) raw oats, hazel nuts, and
raisins.