C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 23:03:38 EST
Joy,

    I have not had this procedure, nor do I know anyone who has. A friend of
mine who an orthopedic surgeon for Campbell' Clinic, a premier ortho
clinichere in the Mid South. He used to be a guest lecturer for Medical
Aspects of Rehabilitation. They were doing this procedure back in the '70's
with good success. What you describe they you are enduring now, might be
relieved by this procedure. The hip, as my friend used to say, is one of the
most massive areas of the body to perform surgery and you must procede with
great caution. There is, I understand, quite a bit of pain is involved. But
it sounds like it might be beneficial in the long un.

Bobby