C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:38:23 -0500
I went to see a new orthopedist today because my hip/lower back/knee
pain is unresolved.  I like him a lot, he's very well respected in the
medical community (I do my research ; ), and I got my referral from a PT
that I trust.

Apparently, the pain stems from a double hip repositioning done when I
was four that was unsuccessful, causing one hip to slip back out of the
socket.  The femur's now riding up on my SI joint, the useless pin is
jabbing my side, and the whole mess is somehow pulling on a hamstring
that was already tight.

He wants to cut off the head of my femur, remove the pins that were put
in, and use an external fixator to hold the femur in place while scar
tissue fills in the gap (oh, and release the hamstring while they're
there).

Has anyone had this procedure done?  I'd like to hear about any
experiences.  On one hand it makes a lot of logical sense, but I'm
really nervous about being unable to bear weight on that leg for three
months, especially when I really need to do PT/OT to prepare for GW...

He also prescribed Celebrex to deal with the pain.  Anyone taking that?

Thanks for any info!

~Joy~
http://www.geocities.com/joy0823
Last Movie Seen:  "Austin Powers" - 4 out of 5 stars
Current Book:  "HP and the Sorcerer's Stone" by JK Rowling