C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Bobby G. Greer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 14:09:30 EST
In a message dated 1/1/01 6:35:27 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Yes, police do sometimess think we have been drinking at times because I
know
a man who was driving his car a cop pulled him over before realizing his CP
was making him walk funny.

Anthony

Because I used to be a chronic speed demon, I was pulled over a lot. My
father who also drove very fast taught me: (1) always be honest and up front
with police, (2) never argue or get sarcastic and (3) always use "Sir" or
"ma'am". That's the best advice I have ever had. In the last 10 years of fast
driving, I was stop 8 times and ticketed once! Once I was stopped by a
Tennessee State Trooper. I was driving a State Car(University Motor Pool) and
was clocked at 98 mph. The trooper gave me a ticket for going 63 mph(55 was
the limit). He said if he had written me up for 98 it would go directly to
the Governor!

    Since I have taught "Disability Awareness" at the Police Academy here in
Memphis for the past 10 years, most local cops know me. And now, since a
former student and good friend is Director of the MPD, I don't have too many
problems. I remember one night long ago in Dallas when I was drunk and
driving through Highland Park. I was driving too slow at that time. The cop
stopped me and thought I was a burglar casing out the fine homes. When he saw
my Highland Park address on my license, he let me go even though I wreaked of
beer!!!