C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:30:32 +0000
From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Wednesday 21 March 2001  6:12 pm, I. S. M. wrote:
> More accurately, King Dick 3.
>
> Think Lear has other matters to worry him.  Poor Fool.  LOL
>
> ISM
>
> The Life and Death of Richard the Third
>

> If I don't, Deri will. He's me pal: spared him "but" burn. LOL
>
> Where there's a heavy-weight, there's a Will. Never discount a
> Will. > ;-)
>
> You should only know. Back to Lurk. SMIRK
>
> ISM

Oh, oh, be still my beating heart!! Apoplexy and CP do not mix!!

Zounds sir ism. If only I'd read your reply before diving into my
Dick III. Actually the renowned hunchback/CP/prince killer is largely
Tudor Spin Doctoring. To the victors (Henry VII - Lancashire) goes
the privilege of writing history, to the detriment of Richard III -
York.

After all, Mr Shakspear was a product of a tudor education.

Regarding boredom in English lessons, I used to use a much more
entertaining ruse to liven it up. My English teacher was completely
Bard Bonkers, so if the particular lesson was starting to flag I
would ask a question along the lines of:-

   "Don't you think that the similarity of iambic pentameter verse to
    certain epic Welsh poems, must mean the Bard was not born in
    Stratford-upon-Avon, but somewhere in Wales."

The ensueing eruption was ALWAYS entertaining - she never failed to
rise to the bait!!

Rayna said:-

> I can forgive him for having such BIMBOS for female characters

Take a look at Beatrice in "Much Ado about Nothing" (far from a
Bimbo). Rent the excellent video with Richard Brannagh and Emma
Thompson - its awesome.

Cheers

Deri