Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:19:03 -0600
From:
iluvcab2 <[log in to unmask]>

We recently returned from Disney World and have to agree that they are just
about as accomodating as possible. I never ate so much good food, and we
went to every park. Even the fast food eateries were knowledgeable and
accomodating.

The only thing I must disagree with is the french-fries at the All-Star
Resort Food Courts. At the All-Star Music - where we stayed - the french
fries were a disaster. They may have been fried in separate oil, but the
fryolater was immediately next to the breaded chicken fryolator. They were
then transferred to holding bins under the heat lamps via a large bowl that
was used for both the french-fries and the breaded chicken. The holding bins
were - again - immediately next to each other, and the servers used the same
scoop for both products. Eeek!

I hvae a lot of food allergies and sensativities in addition to Celiac
Disease, but found this to be no problem. The reservations I was able to
make in advance (I only booked one meal per day and either ate the rest in
our room - such as all our breakfasts - or just winged it) my diet
restrictions were entered into the computer and I was met with a server who
was prepared to discuss my menu options without me having to say a thing.
If you call their special needs operators they will hook you up to the
executive chefs office where they will tell you exactly what french fries
(and where) are o.k. for celiacs. For instance, the American Pavillion in
Epcot... in fact they will give you a run-down of what fast food eateries
have GF bread on hand, GF cold cuts, GF desserts, etc. etc.

As for the Food Courts at the All-Star, just call before you leave your
room. The chef (yes, the food courts have an executive chef) will prepare a
specially made meal for you. Chef Eric prepared GF pasta with fresh
vegetables with lots of garlic and fresh basil and two grilled chicken
breasts and only charged me for a chicken sandwich. Not only that, there was
so much food - and since it was a special order - I ended up with enough to
feed two people, again for the one price.

San Angel Inn (Mexico Pavillion in Epcot) adjusted their menu to use corn
tortillas instead of flour in any dish I wanted. The buffets I frequented
prepared special meals. At Cinderellas Castle the chef came out and
discussed every aspect of my meal and what the ingredients of each sauce,
etc. was (I always carry my own salad dressing.) Even the Rainforest Cafe
was very attentive and more than happy to adjust their menu to suit my diet.

Oh, and the refrigerator in your room... if it is for medical reasons (like
celiac) it is free.