From:
Diana Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 20:38:05 -0500

I have heard there are different types of celiac. I was wondering what they
were and the differences between them. Also, with the different types of
celiac does small amounts of gluten have the same effect and does it
affectyour skin when you come into contact with them in shampoos and other
stuff or is this DH or allergies to gluten products. I try to stay on a
gluten diet as much as possible but sometimes I do eat things with gluten.
I was wondering if the small amounts of gluten I do eat will cause much
harm as long as I don't eat much of it. I try to make our home gluten free
but it is hard when someone brings a package of cookies home or we go
traveling or some where to eat. Also, could someone tell me what some of
the hidden glutens are. Like coke and pepsi? These have carmel coloring
yet  there is a controversy around  this product. Also is oat meal okay to
eat? Hot dogs and other processed foods. And other preservatives and
additives I might not know about. Is chocolate and cocoa okay? Candy and so
on. Thanks for the info.

Diana at [log in to unmask]