Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:28:48 -0400
Don Wiss <donwiss asked:
> Has anybody read, or know anything about?
> Natural Eating: Eating in Harmony with Our Genetic Programming
> by Geoff Bond

Yes, my husband read it.  The author advocates a near- vegan diet. He
suggests that conumption dairy products, red meat, and poultry be reduced to
as close to ZERO as possible; wild game should be consumed modestly; oil
fish modestly; seafood, modestly; and eggs modestly.

He thinks you should eat vegetable proteins--and he puts nuts in this
category---and if vegetarian, he thinks you advocates modest consumption of
nuts, legumes, and meat substitutes.

He is of the mentality that one should be frugal with fats and oils.  "If
you are not watching your weight, one additional tablespoon of omega 3 oils
or olive oil per day may be used."

He thinks you should avoid refiend processed foods; eat about 30 USDA
portions of produce per day; eat about 3 pounds of vegetables and 2 pounds
of fruit per day; limit animal products to small amounts, which he details
in a process, whereby you gradually reduce the amounts to next to nil.

I know of somone who followed that diet briefly and had terrible results!

Rachel