From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:08:59 -0600
Well, it looks as though you have been doing your homework!
I am a bit confused on what you are saying here...

>Potato:  The lectin was first found in the tubers.  It is specific towards
>oligomers of N-acetylglucosamine.  GlcNAc does not inhibit the agglutination
>of STA.

By "specific towards oligomers of N-acetylglucosamine",  what do you mean ?
("oligomers"  is not in my dictionary) "STA'"? Would you explain, please?.

I take N-acetyl Glucosamine (NAG) at Dr. D'Adamo suggestion for accidental
wheat ingestion due to a rather violent reaction from wheat, yet you made
no mention of NAG in connection with wheat lectins.

>Wheat:  Wheat germ agglutinin was isolated originally from wheat germs.  It
>is specific for GlcNAc and GlcNAc-oligomers.

What are GlcNAc and GlcNAc-oligomers?

As far as ...
>Also have done testing with blood to foods
>to see if agglutination occurred as cited in 'Eat Right' with inconsistent
>results to those claimed.

Can you be more specific about the inconsistent results. D'Adamo is only
one of many who have explored the lectin theory with regard to blood type.
Are you saying they are all "inconsistent"?

Did you do this testing by yourself, or are you referring to some one
else's work?

I think you may have some great info here, if  only I can decipher it
enough to understand it.

Thanks,

Louise