Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Muriel Hykes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:31:25 -0400
>University; a diet only offered to children. Why? Because when the patient
>begins the diet (a 10 to 14 day fast without medication) there can be no
>"slips". There is no opportunity to cheat - even just a little bit.
>Cheating produces increased seizures and hospitalization.
        Well now.  I have been reading and learning a lot about this.  In fact,
interest in seizures are what brought me to the Atkins diet.  (Kind of
backwards, huh?)  My mother had grand mals for years after being a test
subject on the artificial kidney (1957).  No one thought to give her
replacement electrolytes.  My brain-dmaged boy has had seizures in response
to bananas.  As an EMT, I learned that most seizures occur outside
restaurants.  That, coupled with my observation that seizures run in the
same family with allergies, makes me suspect allergies as a PRIME cause of
seizures.  Many of the kids who respond to the ketogenic diet, I feel would
respond to a less-dramatic treatment with oil supplementation.  At any
rate, after 3 years on this diet, they can usually stop it.

>be off my medication, to never be at a party and have a seizure and begin
>the "chewing motion" and hand tricks that are a part of my seizures.
        Ah, complex-partials.  That's what Curran does now.  His spells, (easier
to type) have gone from 4 hours, to 2 minutes since I have added vit. E one
a week.  It seems now that they are triggered by petrol fumes.
If they happen to you at parties, I would ask you to keep better track of
what you eat at parties, that you don't normally have.  Treat the cause first!