NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 11:13:04 -0500
>However, I am providing the school with a
>stash of safe foods that they can give Ryan if anything questionable comes
>up, but it's always possible they might miss something and he'll get a hold
>of something that he shouldn't.
>
>Oh, and 1 more question... is it true that they can "grow out of it"?
>Please tell me this is true.  And PLEASE tell me it is soon!
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Gail

I would highly suggest that Ryan only eat what you have provided.  We had a
system in preschool where the teachers judged and it didn't work.  They are
too busy to really read labels or ask parents.  And I really think it's not
their job to have to think about it.  They have a lot to take care of.
When it was our son's turn for snack we gave something he really liked so
it was special.

Our son is now going into 4th grade and he has outgrown a lot of the dairy
allergy.  As an infant he got hives on his entire body with dairy and now
he can have some dairy baked into things without a problem--still no
straight dairy and a tiny bit of cheese baked in will make his eyes only
blow up with hives.

But our son never had behavior problems with his allergy.

Rachele Shaw