C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:25:39 EST
I write a little poetry myself, but this is GREAT stuff! WOW
Rayna
where have you been all this time??

Bobby

In a message dated 2/20/01 1:17:59 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< THE INVISIBLE BODY

When you will not hear my pain
You cannot share my joy

When you will not acknowledge my hate
You cannot feel my love

When you will not allow my weakness
You cannot be supported by my strength

When you will not accept my difference
You cannot appreciate my beauty

When you will not see me
That does not mean I don't exist

Rayna Lamb

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 03:00:43PM -0500, Bobby Greer wrote:
    I am not against prayer, especially if they are on behalf of others, but
if
    we were
    miraculous "cured" of CP tomorrow, we would then need thousands of dollars
    for the
    psychotherapy needed to adjust to our "cure". The sounds illogicalat
first,
    but if one looks at the literature on say, facial disfigurement, where
    miraculous plastic surgery was done; what follows soon after is a very
deep
    depressive state! The individual has blame his/her problems(unconsciously
    usually) on their disfigurement. Once it is removed and the same problems
    arise, the person is at a loss.
        Prayer to connect with an outside source is super for many people,
but it
    is wise
    to heed the saying, "Be very careful for what you pray for-- you just may
get
    it."

    Bobby