BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha.
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:15:14 EST
In a message dated 11/16/2000 6:45:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> There's another possibility, just that awnings (like
>  heavy curtains) fell out of fashion, and that, retrospectively, we overrate
>  their actual uitilty.

And just for the record, heavy curtains began to fall out of fashion right
around the time that improvements in heating technology enabled consumers to
more effectively regulate interior tempreature through coal fed furnaces and
steam/hot water radiators.

Fashion is as fashion does, but functional plumbing has an appeal all its own.

-Heidi