VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:32:32 -0600
I went to the weather underground, and discovered, new to me anyway, that
they have a printer friendly version of the forecast.  Makes for extremely
easy reading of the output, no hyperlinks in the results.

Anyway, at the end of the forecast, is a little columnar table showing
highs and lows at certain locations for the next four days or so.  With
Lynx Version 2.8.3 release 1, the format of these tables is destroyed.  I
noticed this on other tabular outputs.  Somebody suggested to me that this
isn't so, or shouldn't be so.  Is there a way I can cause links to redraw
or redisplay a given page in such a way, that some sort of spacing or
positioning of table columns and items in the tables can be seen with a
screen reader?  If this requires doing a little spacing about with the
reading cursor to see the layout, fine, but as it is now, I find that all
columnar spacings are reduced to a single space, though it seems that a
new line would begin on a new line in the Lynx output.  Also, if a column
is blank, I don't see that with my results, at least the way Lynx is
displaying tables to me now.

Thanks for any help anybody can offer here.

Steve