VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:28:44 -0500
Subject: Warning From U.S. Postal Service
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 00:42:14 +0000

You are encouraged to circulate the following message to all blind and
vision impaired individuals you know so they will be adequately informed
of the contents of this important United States Postal Service mailing.

Pat Price

The United States Post Office is sending, via a post card, the
following message to every address.

Text of Post Office notice.

Home card copy for Nationwide Mailing by United States Postal Service
October 19, 2001

Side 1

A MESSAGE FROM THE POSTMASTER GENERAL

The U. S. Postal Service places the highest priority on the safety of
our customers and employees and on the security of the mail.

Please see the other side of this card for information about safety and
mail handling. We want you to know we are doing everything possible to
make sure the mail is safe, and we need your help. Your security and
peace of mind are paramount to us.

John E. Potter

Side 2

What should make me suspect a piece of mail?
  It's unexpected or from someone you don't know.
  It's addressed to someone no longer at your address.
  It's handwritten and has no return address or bears one that you can't
confirm is legitimate.
  It's lopsided or lumpy in appearance.
  It's sealed with excessive amounts of tape.
  It's marked with restrictive endorsements such as "Personal" or
"Confidential."
  It has excessive postage.

What should I do with a suspicious piece of mail?
  Don't handle a letter or package that you suspect is contaminated.
  Don't shake it, bump it, or sniff it.
  Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
  Notify local law enforcement authorities.

End of text.