From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 00:01:18 -0500
Grant Magnuson wrote:

> Kathleen Quinn, executive director of the Dial-A-Dietitian Service in a
> quoted article appears to advocate "fruits, vegetables, whole grains,
> soy proteins".
>
> If we just take the last two items alone, grains and soybeans -- why is
> it only us on this entire planet who see these as being a hazard to our
> health?
>
> It is really starting to annoy me the powerlessness of our situation to
> find our family, friends and associates being constantly bombarded with
> everything from sugar to aspartame, from Kellogg's Corn Puffs to whole
> grains and from soy sauce to tofu, doesn't it you?

The only power that matters is personal power. Leading by example is the
only way to effect real change. We live in a chaotic world where small
changes can have large effects. Being discouraged is a waste of time and
energy.

Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Co-author: NEANDERTHIN: A CAVEMAN'S GUIDE TO NUTRITION