From:
Sharon M <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 21:56:14 -0400
I'll just throw in my 2 cents in case you find something helpful:
Bursitis (I've been too well acquainted with it in the past!) is caused
by calcium deposits. Since I was determined not to experience that
particular form of agony again, I did a lot of research. My answer was
to increase phosphorus as a means of breaking down the calcium. On a
routine blood test an imbalance can be determined by just looking at the
calcium and phosphorus. Ideally the calcium should be 10 and the
phosphorus 4, for a ratio of 2 and a half to 1. If the phos. is lower,
increase dietary intake. Lecithin is one good source. (I use a
supplement called "Phosfood", hard to find). Having said all that,
anyone eating lots of red meat on the paleodiet is getting plenty of
phos. Green leafy vegs. are a good source of calcium, as are
nuts--especially almonds.

This is off the top of my head as far as the sources go, the info on
blood chem should be faultless (from Dr. Melvin Page).

Sharon