Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:06:43 -0600
Hi All,

I'd like to share my experience with you if I may.

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with a number of cysts in the breast.  At
the time I saw a surgeon, whom assured me that I had nothing to worry about
because this type of cyst were caused /produced by an hormone imbalance in
some women this problem disappears as they go through menopause.
Unfortunately, this is not my case.  For the past two weeks, I thought I was
getting my period but it wasn't so.  I started to have some breast
discomfort, noticed that my lymph note was appearing to be larger than it
had been for years.  At night, I awaken by breast discomfort and a pull
(about 1/2 inch long), today my GP confirmed my worst fear.  He discovered a
lump.  Tomorrow I go for a mammogram.

If you have a thyroid imbalance have your GP give you breast examination at
least every 3 months.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Clelia