From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:23:59 -0700
>I'm thinking about
>avoiding some of those ER4YT foods. I'm a type A+ so they say I should
>avoid
>eggs, beef, cabbage, etc.

First off, welcome to the list!

Second, I'm type A.  If I ate what this diet recommends, I'd be a blimp!

D'Adamo (did I get this right? the book's not with me...) cites few if any
scientific studies.  At one time Dr. Loren Cordain (learn his name; he's a
guru and rightfully so) blew holes through the whole idea; unfortunately, he
was speaking science when he did it and it went right over my head.

To the point; go with plain ol' paleo for a while.  See how you feel. You'll
probably feel just fine eating whatever foods you like on the 'eat' list and
avoiding those on the 'ignore' list.  Still not up to snuff?  THEN start
fiddling around.  To go gung-ho now will make meal-time seem like Lent or
something.  Eat up!  Enjoy!  I'm willing to bet you'll be feeling better
than ever in just a few days.

I find it hilarious that I "shouldn't" be eating beef, cabbage and eggs.  I
love and do fine on all three!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  For some good reads, go to google.com and type in Loren Cordain;
you'll find plenty of fascinating info on the early human diet this way!