NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:27:56 -0800
On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:22:25 -0500 Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> in the U.S.  But I discovered that it is very easy to make your own
> powdered sugar.  Take a spice grinder and put in any kind of
granulated
> suger.  Turn it on.  Viola, instant powdered sugar!

You can't really get it as fine as powdered sugar.  I'm not sure that is
an issue with the icing or not, just a notation.  I picked up some super
fine sugar to start with, so hopefully I can get it finer that way.

Thanks for the other info.  There are some candies that we can use and
fortunately we can use nuts too like sliced almonds.

I'll let you all know what I come with since it sounds like the idea is
catching on :-)

Kathy P.