C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 00:23:56 +0800
On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 11:43:32AM +0000, Deri James wrote:
    On Friday 16 March 2001  3:04 am, Rayna Lamb wrote:
     `Martin Chuzzlewit' by Charles Dickens - I LOVE Dickens, just
    > started reading him last year and I am seriously hooked!
    > `Dickens and Women'

    Have a look at my email address (another fan!!).

I was WONDERING about that, hadn't got round to asking about it.  I'm
delighted to see that it wasn't just a coincidence.  Which is your
favourite novel, so far mine is David Copperfield. The descriptions of
some parts of David's childhood were identical to parts of mine,
bawled my eyes out!

    I have all Dickens novels as E-books (free) let me know which you
    want next (they're quite big - 700k ish).

Thanks, Deri, but I am a bit of a traditionalist, still prefer the
printed word - even though most of Dickens' novels qualify as tomes
rather than books.
Part of my love affair with books has to do with the physical reality
of them.  And I'm lucky enough that I have enough strength and
coordination in my hands and fingers that I can hold books and turn
pages, although my Shorter OED is a bit of a stretch.  I live in
terror of the day when I may no longer be able to handle books.

Rayna