C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:37:44 +0800
Paige,

Sorry,  Thursday was pension day, and I was busy spending the peanuts
the Australian Government so generously throw at me.  Speaking of
spending; I was at the checkout of the supermarket, and the checkout
girl was putting the items thru the scanner.  She weighed a bag of
mixed nuts (I buy nuts with my peanuts!), and rang them up as brazil
nuts.  At which point I said no, they're mixed nuts not brazil nuts,
thinking, silly girl's going to over charge me.  She spent five
minutes trying to cancel the transaction, nothing but beeps and pings
coming from the register, the line growing behind me, she eventually
gets her supervisor, the transaction is corrected to mixed nuts, and
it turns out that brazil nuts are cheaper than mixed nuts by TWO
dollars a kilo!!!!
Does this qualify me as idiot of the week??
Rayna