C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:59:44 -0800
Hello,

My name is Gary.  I'm 49 years old but people often tell me I
look more like 30.  I have short brown hair and blue eyes.  I
live in Northern California.

I work part time as a consumer advocate for people with
developmental disabilities.  I too have multiple disabilities
(Cerebral Palsy, totally blind from birth,  double amputee) but I
see my disabilities more as limitations and occasional
inconveniences rather then confinements.  I use an electric
wheelchair and lift equipped van as my primary means of mobility.

I love life!!  I work hard at my job and for the most part I come
home at night feeling like I have made a difference in people's
lives.  Although I have friends to talk to and spend time with
I'm missing that special lady in my life.  That person I can call
at the end of a long day and just hang out with on the phone or
via E-mail.  Or better yet, be able to be with them in person.
Its been about 10 years since I was in a long term relationship
with anyone.

I guess you could call me an old fashion romantic.  When I'm with
the right person I can easily enjoy just holding hands and
talking for hours.  Holding hands and saying nothing at all is
cool too.  I'm interested in slowly developing a friendship with
a woman disabled or non with hopes of a long term romance in the
future.  Someone who's quiet and soft spoken but is also
adventurous.  As far as looks, age race or religion, none of that
matters.  For me it's what is inside a person that counts.

Although I prefer to meet someone from my part of California, I'm
open to corresponding with anyone anywhere.  Thank you for taking
the time to read this, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!!-Gary

Please Email [log in to unmask]